We are also committed to minimize the impact on the environment.
- We are constantly working with our suppliers on the use of new varieties so we can extend our supply windows this has resulted in us eliminating the need for airfreight and thus reduced our carbon footprint
- We have heavily invested in 231kw solar photovoltaic panel system; in the first 9 months since it’s installation it has saved 326,815 lbs of Co2.
- We have also fitted LED lighting to lessen our carbon foot print and reducing energy usage by 57%.
- We are actively engaged with our customers and packaging suppliers with a collective aim of either reducing the amount of plastic used, or finding alternative options that do not have a negative impact on the environment.
- We have been proactively working with our packaging suppliers and have managed to reduce the plastic content of our UK packed products by up to 14%.
- All of our punnets are recyclable and made from between 70% to 100% recycled PET meaning minimal virgin plastic is used within our packaging.